Tuesday 27 August 2013

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD - Psalm 23.

27 August 2013
(THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD) - 
PART 4.
1. English - (Amplified Bible Version)
[Psalm 23:1-6, Revelation 7:17, Ezekiel 34:22-23, Isaiah 25:8, 2 Timothy 1:10]
1. The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me,] I shall not lack. 
2. He makes me lie down on [fresh, tender,] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. 
3. He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him - not for my earning it, but] for His Name's sake. 
4. Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. 
5. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over. 
6. Surely only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place. 
[Revelation 7:17]
For the Lamb Who is in the midst of the throne will be their Shepherd, and He will guide them to the springs of the waters of life; and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. 
[Ezekiel 34:22-23]
22. Therefore I will rescue My flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between sheep and sheep. 
23. And I will raise up over them one Shepherd and He shall feed them, even My servant David: He shall feed them and He shall be their Shepherd. 
[Isaiah 25:8]
He will swallow up death [in victory; He will abolish death forever]. And the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces; and the reproach of His people He will take away from all the earth; for the Lord Has spoken it. 
2 Timothy 1:10
[It is that purpose and grace] which He now has made known and has fully disclosed and made real [to us] through the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, Who annulled death and made it of no effect and brought life and immortality [immunity from eternal death] to light through the Gospel. 
(Die Afrikaanse weergawe sal môre volg)

Photo by/Foto deur: Martin Heigan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment