WORD OF THE DAY:
It is good that one should hope in, and wait quietly for the salvation (the safety and ease) of the Lord.
MESSAGE OF THE DAY:
THE SON OF MAN MUST BE LIFTED UP:
1. English - (Amplified Bible Version)
14. And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert (on a pole), so must (so it is necessary that) the Son of Man be lifted up (on the cross.)
15. In order that everyone who believes in Him (who cleaves to Him, trusts Him, and relies on Him), may not perish, but have eternal life and (actually) live forever!
16. For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He (even) gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
17. For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.
18. He who believed in Him (who clings to, trusts in, relies on Him) is not judged (he who trusts in Him never comes up for judgement; for him there is no rejection, no condemnation -- he incurs no damnation;) but he who does not believe (cleave to, rely on, trust in Him) is judged already (he has already been convicted and has already received his sentence) because he has not believed in and trusted in the Name of the only begotten Son of God. (He is condemned for refusing to let his trust rest in Christ's Name.)
19. The (basis of the) judgement (indictment, the test by which men are judged, the ground for the sentence) lies in this; the Light has come into the world, and people have loved the darkness rather and more than the Light, for their works (deeds) were evil.
20. For every wrongdoer hates (loathes, detests) the Light, and will not come out into the (Light but shrinks from it, lest his works (his deeds, his activities, his conduct) be exposed and reproved.
21. But he who practises truth (who does what is right) comes out into the Light; so that his works may be plainly shown to be what they are -- wrought with God (divinely prompted, done with God's help, in dependence upon Him.)
Woensdag 7 Januarie 2015.
WOORD VAN DIE DAG;
Dit is goed om in stilheid te hoop op die hulp van die Here.
BOODSKAP VAN DIE DAG:
DIE SEUN VAN DIE MENS MOET VERHOOG WORD:
2. - Afrikaans (Ou Afrikaanse Vertaling)
14. En soos Moses die slang in die woestyn verhoog het, so moet die Seun van die Mens verhoog word.
15. Sodat elkeen wat in Hom glo, nie verlore mag gaan nie, maar die ewige lewe kan hê.
16. Want so lief het God die wêreld gehad, dat Hy Sy eniggebore Seun gegee het, sodat elkeen wat in Hom glo, nie verlore mag gaan nie, maar die ewige lewe kan hê.
17. Want God het Sy Seun in die wêreld gestuur, nie om die wêreld te veroordeel nie, maar dat die wêreld deur Hom gered kan word.
18. Hy wat in Hom glo, word nie veroordeel nie; maar hy wat nie glo nie, is reeds veroordeel omdat hy nie geglo het in die Naam van die Eniggebore Seun van God nie.
19. En dit is die oordeel: dat die Lig in die wêreld gekom het, en die mense het die duisternis liewer gehad as die Lig; want hulle werke was boos.
20. Want elkeen wat kwaad doen, haat die Lig, en kom nie na die Lig nie, dat sy werke nie bestraf mag word nie.
21. Maar hy wat die waarheid doen, kom na die Lig, sodat sy werke openbaar kan word, dat hulle in God gedoen is.
(DV. I will share the Word with you as often as I possibly can. / DV. Sal ek die Woord met u deel so dikwels as wat ek moontlik kan.)