Sunday 25 October 2015

PROVERBS, (Chapter 4, First section. / SPREUKE, Hoofstuk 4, Eerste gedeelte ...

Wednesday 28 October 2015.
WORD OF THE DAY:
(Proverbs 10:22)
The blessing from the Lord makes a person rich, and He adds no sorrow to it. 

MESSAGE OF THE DAY: 
PROVERBS, Chapter 4, First section ...
1. English - (Amplified Bible Version plus New English Translation).
(Proverbs 4:1-9)
1. Listen my sons to a father's instructions; pay attention in order to gain and to know intelligent understanding and discernment; comprehension, and interpretation (of spiritual matters.)
2. I give you sound learning and instruction, do not forsake my teaching. 
3. When I (Solomon) was a boy with my father (David), a tender only child before my mother, (Bathsheba),
4. He taught me and said: "Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments and live.
5. "Get skillful and godly Wisdom, get understanding; (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation); do not forget and do not turn aside from the words I speak. 
6. "Do not forsake godly Wisdom, and she will keep, defend and protect you; love her, and she will guard you. 
7. "Wisdom is supreme - so acquire wisdom, and whatever you acquire. acquire understanding!
8. "Esteem her highly, and she will exalt you; she will honour you, if you embrace her. 
9. "She will set a garland of grace on your head, she will bestow a beautiful crown on you."

Woensdag 28 Oktober 2015.
WOORD VAN DIE DAG: 
(Spreuke 10:22)
Die seën van die Here - dit maak ryk, en moeitevolle arbeid voeg daar niks by nie. 

BOODSKAP VAN DIE DAG: 
SPREUKE, Hfst 4, Eerste gedeelte ...
2. Afrikaans - (Ou Afrikaanse Vertaling)
(Spreuke 4:1-9) 
1. Hoor julle seuns, na die tug van die Vader; en luister om insig te leer ken. 
2. Want ek gee aan julle goeie lering, verlaat my onderwysing nie. 
3. Want toe ek (Salomo) 'n seun was by my vader (Dawid), teer, en 'n enigste voor my moeder (Batseba),
4. Het hy my geleer en vir my gesê: "Laat jou hart my woorde vashou; onderhou my gebooie, dan sal jy lewe. 
5. "Verkry wysheid, verkry insig; vergeet nie, en wyk nie af van die woorde van my mond nie;
6. "Verlaat dit nie, dan sal dit jou bewaar; kry dit lief, dan sal dit jou bewaak. 
7. "Die beginsel van wysheid is: 'Verwerf (goddelike) wysheid en verwerf insig, deur al wat jy besit. 
8. "Hou dit hoog, dan sal dit jou verhoog; dit sal jou eer, as jy dit omhels. 
9. "Dit sal 'n sierlike krans gee vir jou hoof; dit sal jou 'n sierlike kroon verskaf." 

(God willing and by His marvellous grace and mercy, I will share some of the Proverbs with you, as often as I possibly can. /
As dit die wil van God is, en deur Sy wonderbare genade en barmhartigheid, sal ek sommige van die Spreuke met u deel, so dikwels as wat ek moontlik kan.) 
Many thanks to Rosan Marais who kindly presented me with this powerful quotation from Psalm 118:14. "The Lord is my strength and song. And He has become my salvation". I am convinced though, that this verse appears in many more of the Psalms. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment