Friday 31 July 2015

PSALM 118, First section. / Eerste gedeelte ...

Wednesday 5 August 2015. 
WORD OF THE DAY:
[Psalm 127:2]
It is vain for you to rise up early, to take rest late, to eat the bread of (anxious) toil - for He gives (blessings) to His beloved in sleep. 

MESSAGE OF THE DAY:
PSALM 118, First section ...
1. English - (New English Translation and certain sections from the Amplified Bible).
[Psalm 118:1-10]
1. O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!
2. Let Israel now say that His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever. 
3. Let the house of Aaron (the priesthood) now say that His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever. 
4. Let those now who reverently and worshipfully fear the Lord say that His mercy and loving-kindness endure forver. 
5. Out of my distress I called upon the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free, and in a large place. 
6. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?
7. The Lord is on my side and takes my part, He is among those who help me; therefore shall I see my desire established upon those who hate me. 
8. It is better to trust and take refuge in the Lord, than to put confidence in man. 
9. It is better to trust and take refuge in the Lord, than to put confidence in princes.  
10. All nations (the surrounding tribes) compassed me about, but in the Name of the Lord I will cut them off! 

Woensdag 5 Augustus 2015. 
WOORD VAN DIE DAG:
[Psalm 127:2]
Tevergeefs dat julle vroeg opstaan, laat opbly, brood van smarte eet - net so goed gee Hy dit aan sy beminde in die slaap. 

BOODSKAP VAN DIE DAG:
PSALM 118,  Eerste gedeelte ...
2. Afrikaans - (Ou Afrikaanse Vertaling.)
[Psalm 118:1-10]
1. Loof die Here, want Hy is goed, want Sy goedertierenheid is tot in ewigheid!
2. Laat Israel dan sê dat Sy goedertierenheid tot in ewigheid is!
3. Laat die huis van Aäron dan sê dat Sy goedertierenheid tot in ewigheid is!
4. Laat die wat die Here vrees, dan sê dat Sy goedertierenheid tot in ewigheid is!
5. Uit die benoudheid het ek die Here aangeroep; die Here het my verhoor in die ruimte. 
6. Die Here is vir my; ek sal nie vrees nie: wat kan 'n mens my doen? 
7. Die Here is vir my as my Helper; so sal ék dan neersien op die wat my haat. 
8. Dit is beter om by die Here te skuil, as om op mense te vertrou. 
9. Dit is beter om by die Here te skuil, as om op edeles te vertrou. 
10. Al die heidene het my omsingel; dit is in die Naam van die Here dat ek hulle stukkend gekap het. 

(DV. I will share some well-known and favourite sections of the Psalms with you, as often as I possibly can. /
DV. Sal ek sommige welbekende en gunsteling gedeeltes uit die Psalms met u deel, so dikwels as wat ek moontlik kan.)
Many thanks to André Heigan for this magnificant photo, that I could use as background for this Bible verse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment